Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Workout

Recently I have received requests for my diet and exercise program, so I'm going to post it in full here. Get Ready...Go... I got part of my work-out from the Chris Hemsworth, who plays the superhero "Thor" in the recent movie. I never saw the movie, but I was impressed with the results from the work out I found. I started the workout in late November.

How to do it: Monday/Wednesday/Friday

- Week one - sets 4 reps 4-6
- Week two - sets 4 reps 6-8
- Week three - sets 4 reps 8-12
- Week four - sets 4 reps 4-6
- Repeat for weeks five to eight

Session one - chest and back:

- Bench press
- Bent-over row
- Weighted pull-up
- Weighted dip

Session two - legs:
- Squat
- Deadlift
- Hamstring curl

Session three - arms:
- Weighted chin-up
- Close-grip bench press

I change from Upper Body to Lower Body after each Work-out i.e.. Bench Press/Squat/Bent-Over Row/ Deadlfts and so on. I do all of the above listed workouts on Mon/Wed/Fri

CARDIO:

On Tuesday and Thursday I do 20-30 minutes of Cardio and work out my abs and sides for about 20 minutes. I switched up my Cardio, Running/Swimming/Walking etc... Just do something to raise your heart rate to around 150 for 20 minutes.


SUPPLEMENTS:

Optimum Nutrional Whey Protein (Cheap and Mixes well with water) 4-6 scoops a day

Pre-Workout Supplement...Jack3D...its like crack

Olympian Labs A-AKG ($9.99 at Vitamin Shoppe) Same ingredients as NO2 just $70.00 cheaper.

I also take 150mg of DHEA and Tribulus Terrestris... Both are pro-testorerone supplements. Compared to the expensive stuff that I have taken in the past (over the counter hype) they seem to work pretty well. They are in the anti aging section at Vitamin Shoppe.

I also take the Animal Stack Multi-Vitamins...Lots of pills, but it does have Milk Thistle and digestive enzymes to protect your stomach and liver.

DIET:

Everyone has different body types and certain food react different when we eat them. I have found white bread is my enemy. My diet changes from day to day but I mostly eat oatmeal, fruit, cottage cheese, avocados, spinach salads, cheese, tuna, chicken, peanut butter, sweet potatoes, green vegetables, eggs. Im not a nutritional expert but thats what the base of my diet consists of. I try to eat at least 3 hours before I go to bed. With everything portion control is a must. I stay away from eating until Im stuffed. I still eat fast food when I'm on the run at work but try not to. I drink red-wine, i stay away from drinking a lot of beer (empty calories) and I don't drink soft drinks regulary.

That's pretty much what I have done, and it has worked. I started this worked out a little over 10 weeks ago, weighing around 190 LBS. I'm currently around 178LBS. And I'm stronger in every muscle group than I was before.

Diets and programs don't work unless it's a lifestyle change. My goal is to be the best me... body, mind and soul.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm ready to get Nated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grant I miss you brother, call me sometime, i'd like to catch up

    ReplyDelete